Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Colors by Llarowe I'm Home

I'm Home was released in October this year by Colorado-based indie polish Colors by Llarowe as one of three limited edition polishes for the 13 October Indie Shop event in San Antonio, TX. Described as a reddened pink linear holographic, the color is a medium-dark, vivid, saturated cerise with rosy aspects in a jelly-ish formula that allows plenty of light to penetrate and fire it up. It really glows! Finely-milled holographic pigment nuances it with a violet heart and hues of crimson and dogwood rose, and it has a gleaming raspberry flash. In the sun, there's a bright linear holographic flare predominated by twin arcs of violet and bright red sparks that shades to crimson at the sidewalls.

Application was great! The consistency of I'm Home is fluid and a tiny bit syrupy with a medium viscosity and a plush, even, self-leveling glide over the nail. Pigmentation is excellent, delivering wearably opaque coverage and full bottle color in one medium coat, although with jelly formulas like this I always like to do two to ensure most uniform depth of color in the sun. Cleanup is straightforward with a little bit of pigment travel as you might expect from such a saturated color. I'm Home dries naturally in good time to a smooth, shiny finish. Topcoat does not diminish the holographic effects in any way.

Photos show two coats of I'm Home over treatment and basecoat with a topcoat of Seche Vite. The polish looks a little bit redder in my photos than it does in person, where you can more easily see its pinkish side.


Colors by Llarowe I'm Home


Colors by Llarowe I'm Home


Colors by Llarowe I'm Home


Colors by Llarowe I'm Home


Colors by Llarowe I'm Home


Colors by Llarowe I'm Home


Colors by Llarowe I'm Home


Colors by Llarowe I'm Home


Colors by Llarowe I'm Home


Colors by Llarowe I'm Home


Colors by Llarowe I'm Home

I am totally loving this bold, bright, uber-feminine color, it's like maraschino cherry essence for your nails! Wildly exuberant but not too shrill, it's a soaring boy soprano kind of shade that makes my eyes really happy.

I'm Home was listed on Llarowe's website for the November restock, which is when I got it, but it's not there now and I'm afraid it's gone for good. Sad star! If you come across it in a blog or destash sale, snap it up! It's glorious!

love,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment