Sunday, April 16, 2017

Blush Lacquers I'm No Clown

I'm No Clown was released in August 2016 by Indiana-based indie polish maker Blush Lacquers as part of the 'Sychotic Squad collection, a quartet of polishes inspired by the 20016 American superhero film Suicide Squad. Described as a light neon pink jelly, the color is a very bright and pretty shade pink that sort of reminds me of a French pink or what you'd get if you took French pink and amped up the brightness a bit. To me, it's rather more neon-esque than a true neon, perhaps because it's a jelly and not a white-based creme. It doesn't have too much of that glow-in-the-dark kind of fluorescence to it, and there's a degree of warmth to the color on the nail that keeps it lush and floral. 

Application was very nice. The consistency of I'm No Clown is fluid and smooth with a medium-to-thicker viscosity that I added a bit of polish thinner to at the outset. Thinned, it had a fluent, almost buttery, self-leveling slip over the nail that was easy to work with. This polish has Victoria's original, very slender brush, which she has now updated, along with the bottle and cap. Pigmentation is sheer. I used three generous coats to achieve an opacity I was happy with. Cleanup is easy. I'm No Clown dries naturally in very good time to a smooth, shiny finish.

Photos show three coats of I'm No Clown over treatment and base coat with a topcoat of Seche Vite.

Blush Lacquers I'm No Clown

Blush Lacquers I'm No Clown

Blush Lacquers I'm No Clown

Blush Lacquers I'm No Clown

Blush Lacquers I'm No Clown

Blush Lacquers I'm No Clown

Blush Lacquers I'm No Clown

Blush Lacquers I'm No Clown

Blush Lacquers I'm No Clown

Blush Lacquers I'm No Clown

This is such a rich, pretty pink! It reminds me of gerbera daisies. 

The 'Sychotic Squad collection is listed as "last chance" in Victoria's etsy shop, so now's the time to grab any that you're interested in!

love,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment