Friday, June 24, 2016

Octopus Party Nail Lacquer Under the Siege

Under the Siege was released in August 2015 by Connecticut-based indie polish maker Octopus Party Nail Lacquer (OPNL) with Go Deep as an otherwise unnamed oceanic summer duo. Inspired by epipelagic seas, the illuminated zone at the top of the water column, this is a glorious medium-dark cerulean, an opulent shade of blue-green with aspects of dark cyan. Abundant finely-milled holographic pigment suffuses the base with shifting shades of ultramarine, azure, teal and sparkling sea green, imparting a lush, dimensional look. In the sun, there's a magnificent analogously-colored prismatic display over a glistening silvery skobeloff underlay, with an inner flare of bright ultramarine edged by slender scintillating ribbons of azure, sea green and olive before shading to a deep resonant cerulean around the edges of the nail. Gorgeous!

Application was mighty fine. The consistency of Under the Siege is fluid, light and very smooth with a medium viscosity and a luxurious, self-leveling glide over the nail. Pigmentation is a little sheer on the first coat but builds easily to wearable opacity with the second. Adding a third deepens the color a skosh and gives it a denser, more dimensional look. Cleanup is easy and straightforward with almost no pigment travel and no residual staining to speak of. Nice! Under the Siege dries naturally in very good time to a smooth shiny finish. Topcoat does not inhibit the holographic properties of the polish in any way.

Photos show three coats of Under the Siege over treatment and basecoat with a topcoat of Seche Vite.


OPNL Under the Siege


OPNL Under the Siege


OPNL Under the Siege


OPNL Under the Siege


OPNL Under the Siege


OPNL Under the Siege


OPNL Under the Siege


OPNL Under the Siege


OPNL Under the Siege


OPNL Under the Siege


OPNL Under the Siege


OPNL Under the Siege

Cerulean is one of my favorite blues. It is a naturally translucent shade and perfectly depicts the sunlit section of the sea. This one is particularly dazzling, and has the idealism and generosity of blue combined with the fresh energy of green. On the nail it is sunny, vibrant and clear-eyed, with a sense of grand possiblities. It seems to be asking, with a happy grin and a twinkle in its eye, so what's next?

love,
Liz

3 comments:

  1. Good golly, that is a gorgeous polish! I am apparently in a weakened resistance to polish swing. After resisting those pastel Pet Names by Pretty Serious, I received a notice that they were back in stock once more, so.... I thought I had fought long enough, and got them. A girl can only resist so long. And then I had a notification that Zoya was having a promotion. Well, that just called for me to get the Naked Manicure Perfector polishes that, before, I had been uninterested in but, later, decided with the sale, I had to try out. So... I ordered from Zoya.

    And, now, this lovely. I want, want, want it! It is the perfect shade of blue, not too dark, but dark enough to be in that 'interesting' league. And all those sparks and twinklings and shadings it has! I think this would look good on anybody!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I was wondering about just exactly that as I was writing this post, whether there was anyone in the world who wouldn't look good in this beautiful cerulean blue. I almost added a sentence to the effect! Great minds.

      Ooh, you got the pastel Pet Names! Maybe I can get enough of a vicarious thrill that I won't have to buy them myself! I was a little shocked to discover recently that I hadn't ordered Contrary's Spring It On collection like I thought I had. I remedied that immediately and today received a pack of beautiful cool colors looking simply fabulous in a bunch together. I am thrilled! Anyway, these Contraries are keeping my Pet Names covet at bay -- for now.

      Plus an order from Zoya, eh? Well Lara, you've had yourself a spree! Congratulations! Thinking of you receiving pretty polish in the mail makes me happy!

      Delete
    2. ... and the shopping didn't end there. I also just ordered a couple of the new ILNP polishes. LOL I am starting to freak myself out! I ***think*** this current shopping spree is over, for the most part, though. (hopefully...)
      I looked up those Contrarys - beautiful! Looking forward to seeing them on you!

      Delete