Monday, February 22, 2016

Zoya Jace

Jace was released last May by Zoya as part of the Island Fun collection for summer 2015. Officially described as a "modern tropical green," this is a rich dusky medium-toned yellow-green, dense and creamy. Hailing from the chartreuse family, it's slightly deeper and murkier than asparagus but more sprightly than avocado, sort of along the lines of a turtle green. It does indeed have a certain contemporary edginess and there's a bit of built-in translucence to the formula that gives it a lush luminosity on the nail. I think it's stunning -- an unusual organic shade with a confident presence, the perfect eclectic accessory!

Application was wonderful. Jace has the lovely formula that Zoya does so well. The consistency is fluid, light and creamy with a medium viscosity and a smooth, self-leveling flow over the nail. Slightly sheer on the first coat, it builds nicely to opacity with two, provided that it's evenly applied. I still had a few translucent areas so I added a third, but those with a more even hand will be happy with the coverage at two. Cleanup is easy and straightforward. Jace dries naturally in good time to a beautiful glossy finish.

Photos show three coats of Jace over treatment and basecoat with a topcoat of Seche Vite.


Zoya Jace


Zoya Jace


Zoya Jace


Zoya Jace


Zoya Jace


Zoya Jace


Zoya Jace


Zoya Jace


Zoya Jace


Zoya Jace

I have so much admiration for bloggers who flawlessly swatch whole collections of cremes -- that glossy reflective surface is so unforgiving under the scrutiny of the macro lens when there's no visual texture or components beneath. How do they do it?

The combination of creaminess and luminosity in Jace gives the lush color a certain porcelain-like quality that is unusual for a yellow-green and I find it exceptionally appealing. It's kind of a quirky shade but really very companionable, not what I'd call a bright but definitely quite expressive. I love it!

xo,
Liz

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a great green for summer, very nice. It looks gorgeous on your nails. I know you have mentioned you have ridge-y nails - is that why you hardly ever review a crème polish? You usually do holographic polish, yes? I do love a beautiful holo, but, ohhhh, a creamy polish that looks so good like this one is hard to beat. With this warm weather, I've been wanting lighter polishes - no glitters, no complicated holos, no glassflecks, etc. Creams are really appealing to me nowadays. But then, I have always loved them. I often put them on and intend to put glitter or flakies or something on them the next day, but, mostly, I end up leaving them alone. When it is time to remove the polish, I am thankful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lara!

      I guess I just don't buy many cremes these days, which is why they don't appear as often, but I also find that I have more to say about other kinds of polishes. Plus I find it very difficult to take good photos of cremes -- they seem to show every flaw and topcoat bubble!

      Delete