Saturday, July 18, 2015

Grace-full Nail Polish Mount Doom

Mount Doom was released by Australian indie polish maker Grace-full Nail Polish as part of the brand's debut collection, The Fellowship, in October 2014. Those microglitter bomb polishes that Theresa does so well, like Katie? This is where they started. Mount Doom has a deep cherry red jelly base in which are suspended gazillions of ultra holographic gold microglitters. Named for the fictional volcano in J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle-earth legendarium, the genius of this polish lies in the combined effect of the cool-leaning red base with the warm golden holographic microglitters, which sparkle through the base in a blaze of fiery splendor. Bright red, gold, orange, salmony pink and violet are most prominent, but blue and green make appearances also, and glitters are so dense that you can even see a sparkling semblance of the prismatic flare in some lights. Altogether spectacular!

I can't really talk about application because the bottle of polish that I received had somehow overthickened tremendously, obviously an aberration. I had to remove some of the polish to make room for polish thinner, and I'm sure that the original formula was not well-represented by the result. Suffice to say that I got it to an applicable state.

Photos show two coats of tinkered-with Mount Doom over treatment and basecoat with a smoothing layer of Nail Pattern Boldness Glitter Food followed by two coats of Seche Vite. During my adjustments to the polish I inadvertently drenched the label with thinner, which smeared as I handled the bottle, thus the marred logo. 


Grace-full Nail Polish Mount Doom


Grace-full Nail Polish Mount Doom


Grace-full Nail Polish Mount Doom


Grace-full Nail Polish Mount Doom


Grace-full Nail Polish Mount Doom


Grace-full Nail Polish Mount Doom


Grace-full Nail Polish Mount Doom


Grace-full Nail Polish Mount Doom


Grace-full Nail Polish Mount Doom


Grace-full Nail Polish Mount Doom


Grace-full Nail Polish Mount Doom


Grace-full Nail Polish Mount Doom

Theresa has said that Mount Doom is a personal favorite of all the polishes she has created, and I can see why.  The sparkle power is just tremendous and all of the rich prismatic colors in that brilliant red base are a wonder to see!

Fuzzy, who for some reason has developed a suspicion of glitter polish so profound that it borders on antipathy, practically shrieked in horror when she saw Mount Doom. "Oh my god, it's ALIVE!" *rofl* Perverse creature that I am, I found the moment extremely gratifying, and remained standing there next to her chair waving my sparkling nails in the lamplight long after she was ready for me to stop, just so I could continue to admire their grandeur.

love,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment