Monday, November 10, 2014

Wingdust Collections I am Yours and You are Mine

After listening to Nail Newscast hosts Tia and Courtney chat with Stephanie, the owner and creative force behind indie polish maker WingDust Collections, a few weeks ago, I took advantage of a Llarowe restock to go on a little WingDust spree. I am Yours and You are mine is the first of four WingDust polishes that I bought and will be showing you here. 

I am Yours and You are Mine has a jelly base that ranges from a deep berry pink or magenta to a ruby red to a reddish plum depending upon the light and circumstances in it is viewed. It is liberally sprinkled with small hex glitters in yellow, magenta, dark red and holographic gold, plus a modicum of holo pigment that dusts the entire shebang with pearly glowing particles. There looks to be some particulate shimmers in there too, in gold and red, but there's so much to see in this polish I could be making this up. It's not a sparkly polish per se, more of a twinkly glowing one, with flashes of color appearing now and then as light strikes a glitter or shimmer just right. At certain angles in low light, there's a bit of a metallic magenta flash along the axis of light. This is a lovely, almost painterly creation with a sweet countenance and boatloads of charm.

Application was great! The consistency of I am Yours and You are Mine is on the thicker side but still fluid and paintable with an even, self-leveling flow over the nail. As with all jellies, pigmentation is buildable. The coverage and glitter payoff are so even that you could conceivably wear it at any degree of opacity. The first coat is sheerish and bright raspberry pink. With the second coat, the base color deepens and reddens. Three medium coats will give an approximation of the bottle color, perhaps slightly lighter and less purple. I used three medium coats for this manicure. Cleanup is fairly easy. Those tiny glitters, of course, are pretty sticky if they end up on skin or cuticle and you may see that I missed a few in the photos. I am Yours and You are Mine dries naturally in good time to a shiny finish with a hint of texture from the components that smooths out with a single layer of topcoat.

Photos show three coats of I am Yours and You are Mine over treatment and basecoat with a topcoat of Seche Vite. It was late enough in the day that the conditions in my lightbox bathroom were too dim to get good photos of this beauty, so I took my pics outside with the sun low on the horizon.


WingDust I am Yours and You are Mine


WingDust I am Yours and You are Mine


WingDust I am Yours and You are Mine


WingDust I am Yours and You are Mine


WingDust I am Yours and You are Mine


WingDust I am Yours and You are Mine


WingDust I am Yours and You are Mine


WingDust I am Yours and You are Mine


WingDust I am Yours and You are Mine



WingDust I am Yours and You are Mine


WingDust I am Yours and You are Mine




WingDust I am Yours and You are Mine

This is a dynamic polish with a lot of light play and still photos don't do justice to how pretty that is. It's extremely photogenic. I usually take thirty to forty photos for my posts but with I am Yours and You are Mine I ended up with over seventy, almost all of them keepers so I had a hard time picking. The color is very rich in all of its iterations and the polish really draws the eye with the random scatterings and speckles of glitter on each nail. It's lively and charismatic with an otherworldly edge to it. I think I've fallen under its spell....

love,
Liz

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful polish! These berry colors always steal my heart. <3 And when the berry colors take on that raspberry jam look, I'm toast. No pun intended. And your pics are complete with that Mop 'n' Glow finish at which you excel! WingDust is a brand I've wanted to try for a while but haven't...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mop 'n' Glow came naturally to this sweet polish, all the components lie flat against the nail and there is only a tiny bit of rippling to the surface to show that they are there. I like glitter polishes like this one, where the suspension base doesn't shrink down from the components on the nail.

      Delete