Thursday, June 5, 2014

Zoya Perrie

Perrie was released by Zoya as part of the Flash collection for summer 2010. Zoya actually describes this as a lavender, but I think it's warmer than that. It's a medium-light warm purple with strong pink tones to it. This polish achieved icon status when it won Best Radiant Orchid polish in the bracketed Radiant Orchid Madness competition hosted by All Lacquered Up earlier this spring, Radiant Orchid being Pantone's Color of the Year for 2014. Perrie deserved that win, it's a great match for the Pantone hue and a beautiful purple for spring and summer as well. It's sort of a light-colored version of Kieko, and like Kieko it has an intrinsic vibrancy to it in spite of being a somewhat subdued shade.

Application was ok. My bottle had a particularly thick consistency that I do not think is common to this polish generally. In retrospect I wish I had added a bit of polish thinner to the it at the beginning of my manicure because by the end the brush was pulling strings when I wiped it at the neck of the bottle. I didn't have that much trouble applying it in spite of that, but it was very slow to self-level and had that lumpy look to it that you get sometimes when applying a thick polish. You know the one! Pigmentation was very good, I reached an evenly opaque finish with two coats and a coat of Seche Vite evened out the overall appearance beautifully. Perrie dries naturally in average time to a glossy finish.

Photos show two coats of Perrie over treatment and basecoat with a topcoat of Seche Vite.


Zoya Perrie


Zoya Perrie


Zoya Perrie


Zoya Perrie


Zoya Perrie


Zoya Perrie


Zoya Perrie


Zoya Perrie


Zoya Perrie

Though Perrie is a pinkish purple, it's still purple enough not to veer too close to mauve territory. It's more like a pastel plum, with a lively outgoing quality that is also soft and floral. It reminds me of petunias and the colorful houses in New Orleans. I didn't expect to like it as much as I do!

love,
Liz


No comments:

Post a Comment