Thursday, May 15, 2014

Nire's Desire Jezebel

On the blog earlier this month I had the pleasure of featuring Transatlantic from indie polish maker Nire's Desire, an incomparable dark blue holo that I was compelled to buy after seeing photos of it around the polish blogosphere. Needless to say, after that there was every reason in the world to seek out other Nire's Desire lacquers and grow my little collection. Thus, a spree was born.

Having passed on so many indie holo offerings this past year, I feel like I'm making up for lost time with my Nire's Desire purchases. I got four beautiful holos from Nire's Desire's lineup, plus a shimmer on sale and an additional as yet unreleased polish that sweet Erin selected for me when I overpaid my order (don't ask). And I'm going to share all of them with you starting now with Jezebel. 

Jezebel is a stunning deep cerise shade with Erin and Toby's signature blend of fine holographic pigments that produce a lush prismatic bloom without detracting from the intensity and character of the base color. And this sumptuous, seductive deep pink is indeed intense, with that special rich dimensionality that holo pigments bring to a polish. I was studying my nails as I applied it, was captured in thrall and almost got vertigo looking into its depths. True to the namesake, this lacquer has dangerous seductive powers, beware!

Vertigo aside, Jezebel is a treat to apply. The consistency is fluid, creamy and dense and applies like a dream with Nire's Desire's flat flexible brush. Pigmentation is out of this world good. This polish is completely opaque in one coat. I used one thin coat and then added another medium to thick one to see if it would camouflage my ridges. Success! Despite being such a well-pigmented dark pink, cleanup was easy and left no staining. Jezebel dries naturally in very good time to a smooth shiny finish. I added topcoat and did not find it to detract from or dim the holographic properties at all.

I took copious photos of this polish, almost twice the number I usually do. I just couldn't help myself. I tried to include here the photos that are truest to my experience of Jezebel in person. They show two coats of Jezebel over treatment and basecoat with what is unfortunately a somewhat bubbly coat of Seche Vite. I had just begun topcoating when my SO sweetly brought me a chunk of warm toasted ciabatta smeared with soft swiss. Talk about overstimulated! I guess I churned up the Vite a bit as I raced to finish and get to the snack, which, BTW, was delicious. Much like this polish!

Yes, the photos!


Nire's Desire Jezebel


Nire's Desire Jezebel


Nire's Desire Jezebel


Nire's Desire Jezebel


Nire's Desire Jezebel


Nire's Desire Jezebel


Nire's Desire Jezebel


Nire's Desire Jezebel


Nire's Desire Jezebel


Nire's Desire Jezebel


Nire's Desire Jezebel

My camera came around for this bright but deep pink and the photos are actually very true. The incredible, near fluorescent reds, pinks and purples of the prismatic flair in the second to last photo are what you really see when the holo in this puppy gets going. Surreal, no? I stuck Jezebel in some direct sun to see the display and it was psychedelic, baby!

I love it better in indirect light, as in the photos, where you get to see the interplay between base color and holographic pigments, how they nuance and affect each other. This, I think, is where Erin and Jesse's formulary skills really come into their own with their holo shades, in the well-calibrated balance between carefully chosen color and holo pigments. 

The SO just brought me half of a juicy sweet peeled orange. *lol* Methinks I have been closeted with my polish too long! But can you blame me?

love,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment