Saturday, May 10, 2014

Cadillacquer Pinkman

Pinkman was released by Swiss indie polish maker Cadillacquer last fall as part of the Breaking Bad collection. Described a "light pink with gold sparkles and a subtle scattered holographic effect," this is a very cool pale New York pink containing delicate golden flakes and a sheer veil of holo pigment that floats at the surface of the polish and gives it a lustrous silvery bloom on the nail. Shaded with a touch of grey, this pink reads nearly nude on me and might just possibly be my ideal mannequin hands polish.

Application was wonderful -- Pinkman is beautifully formulated and I am duly impressed! Although a very pale color, it's not a pastel and has none of the application issues typically associated with pale whitened colors. The consistency is fluid, light and creamy, and applies like a dream with Cadillacquer's flat flexible brush. Pigmentation is great, with slight sheerness after the first coat that quickly builds to completely opaque coverage in two. Cleanup is straightforward but I did find the shimmers to be a little bit recalcitrant so you may notice some shimmery nail environs in the photos. Pinkman dries naturally in very good time to a smooth shiny finish.

Photos show two coats of Pinkman over treatment and basecoat with a topcoat of HK Girl.

Cadillacquer Pinkman

Cadillacquer Pinkman

Cadillacquer Pinkman

Cadillacquer Pinkman

Cadillacquer Pinkman

Cadillacquer Pinkman

Cadillacquer Pinkman

Cadillacquer Pinkman

Cadillacquer Pinkman

Cadillacquer Pinkman

Perhaps not mannequin hands but Pinkman is definitely the nail polish equivalent of the my lips but better lippie for me. I love it, a lot. It's the perfect whisper of color, demure but capable, understated, with a luminous glow and a touch of pale golden sparkle. I could live in this in this for the rest of my life and be happy with my nails, for real.

love, 
Liz

2 comments:

  1. So pretty! This reminds me of a conch shell. Glad to hear it didn't have chalky application.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High praise from one of the pink averse! *lol* Two of the Cadillacquers I got were light, pale polishes (this one and Blowfish) and both of them went on like a dream, I am super impressed!

      Delete