Friday, May 9, 2014

Cadillacquer Blowfish

Today I have a polish from another new-to-me indie polish maker, Cadillacquer, to show you. A few weeks ago around Easter, Madeleine, the owner and creative force behind Cadillacquer, offered a 20% discount on orders of $20 or more via facebook. I have many times over the past year gazed long and longingly at the Cadillacquer offerings in her big cartel shop and on Llarowe, so when I saw this offer I thought, pounce! And I did. They arrived safely from Switzerland the other day. Now I have six beautiful new Cadillacquer polishes to share with you, beginning today with Blowfish.

Blowfish was released by Cadillacquer as part of Madeleine's Breaking Bad collection early this past fall. Described as a "light green with color changing sparkles from blue to pink and a subtle scattered holographic effect," it's a pale cool laurel green toned with grey, containing iridescent duochromatic flaky shimmers that shift between pink and pale blue and scattered with fine holographic pigment that adds a subtle luminous bloom to its look. It's just gorgeous. A delicate pale shade that is not stark at all, this is a fantastic neutral for the warmer months. It's grounded and extremely flattering.

Application was really nice. The consistency of Blowfish is fluid and fluffy -- in a good way! It goes where you put it and stays there. Cadillacquer's packaging includes a flat brush with a bit of width to it and a striated top that is easy to grip. Blowfish has a certain degree of milky translucence, so coverage, while buildable, can appear uneven with darkened areas. But it's actually not overly streaky or patchy and a good fast dry topcoat to finish helps to level out the appearance. I used three coats to achieve an opacity I was happy with. Cleanup was a breeze. Blowfish dries naturally in good time to an impressive beautiful glossy finish.

Photos show three coats of Blowfish over treatment and basecoat with a topcoat of Seche Vite.


Cadillacquer Blowfish


Cadillacquer Blowfish



Cadillacquer Blowfish


Cadillacquer Blowfish


Cadillacquer Blowfish


Cadillacquer Blowfish


Cadillacquer Blowfish


Cadillacquer Blowfish


Cadillacquer Blowfish


Cadillacquer Blowfish


Cadillacquer Blowfish

Sooooo freakin' pretty! I am absolutely thrilled with the way this looks on the nail, it has a very clean, healthy, put-together thing going on. Something about it reminds me of being at the beach -- I could swear that there are negative ions rolling off of this stuff, it makes me feel so good! In spite of being a somewhat dusty color it has a very fresh, luminous appearance on the nail. This is a creative, innovative take on pale green that is understated, graceful and elegant.

I wonder how this polish compares to Essie Maximillion Strasse, which I don't own (yet) though I've been stalking it on ebay for a while now. And speaking of comparisons, I showed Blowfish to Fuzzy and she said, that looks a lot like the one you had on the other day, the one you put the glitter over -- meaning China Glaze Sea Spray. I was like, yeah I can see why you said that but that one was blue and this one is green. Fuzzy: Green? Really? *lol* But she's right, Blowfish does kind of remind me of a green version of Sea Spray. They have a similar color depth and the same pale, graceful, luminous vibe.

Wow. If this is the kind of thing I have to look forward to from Cadillacquer, I can't wait for more! 

love,
Liz

2 comments:

  1. This is very pretty! I really like gray polishes but this is even more beautiful due to that gorgeous shimmer. I really need to wear the two Cadillacquer polishes I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it, Melissa! Yes, you do need to try out your Cadillacquers, if they're like the polishes I got from Madeleine (and I have every reason to believe they will be) you will love how beautifully they apply!

      Delete