Saturday, March 22, 2014

Zoya Micky

Micky was released by Zoya as part of its Stunning collection for summer 2013. Zoya describes it as a coral creme, but this bright medium warm pink is hard to pin down precisely. It leans cool and pearly in the bottle, but warms up on the nail. On me, it has the potency of a bubblegum or candy pink with rosy tangerine undertones and subtle microfine silver shimmers that have a bit of a soft focus effect. Pink or coral, it is a sweet jelly bean kind of hue with a fruity tropical air that manages to be both full-bodied and fresh at the same time..

Application-wise, this is a naughty little polish. If it isn't as thin as possible it gets up to all kinds of bad behavior: streaking, pulling patches, pooling, uneven coverage, you name it. The more polish thinner I added, the better it behaved. The consistency is fluid but a little thick and sticky, wanting to go on in thick coats. Hence the thinner. Pigmentation is ok. Despite the whitened quality and subsequent creaminess of the color, there is also some translucence to it, the kind where darker patches can be seen when the coverage is not 100%. I applied three coats before I was happy with the opacity. Micky dries in fairly good time to a nice glossy finish.

Photos show three coat of Micky over treatment and basecoat with a topcoat of Seche Vite.


Zoya Micky


Zoya Micky


Zoya Micky


Zoya Micky


Zoya Micky


Zoya Micky


Zoya Micky


Zoya Micky


Zoya Micky


Zoya Micky


Zoya Micky

Remember, my camera likes to oversaturate pinks and corals so the photos show this color as brighter and a little more intense than it is in person. It is not fluorescent.

At the outset I wasn't sure how much I would like this polish on my nails and it has sat in my swatching chute for months. I don't know, in the bottle, the color looked a little harsh somehow and I doubted it would play nicely with my skin tone. But it turns, in fact, that the harshness lay in my judgment, not the polish. It's actually fairly decent on my nails, and it's a nice bright color for the warmer months. I don't think I'd change anything about it even if I could. 

love,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment