Sunday, March 2, 2014

Essie Where's My Chauffeur

Where's My Chauffeur was released by Essie as part of its collection for winter 2012. Described by Essie as a "driven, gorgeous turquoise," it is a lovely ever so slightly muted robin's egg blue creme. A nice match to the famous blue of Tiffany and Co., it looks like a perfect cross of gemstone turquoises from the Kingman and Sleeping Beauty mines in Arizona: sky blue infused with a touch of spearmint.

Application was great. The consistency is very fluid and light, but also creamy. It's a desaturated but not chalky color, and the first coat was a bit streaky. After that, it flowed smoothly and evenly over the nail and I enjoyed applying it. Pigmentation is very good with full, even coverage and bottle color attainable in two coats, or three for my prodigiously ridged nails. Where's My Chauffeur dries naturally in good time to a beautiful glossy finish.

Photos show three coats of Where's My Chauffeur over treatment and basecoat with a topcoat of HK Girl to protect against manicure malfeasance and hasten dry time.

Essie Where's My Chauffeur

Essie Where's My Chauffeur

Essie Where's My Chauffeur

Essie Where's My Chauffeur

Essie Where's My Chauffeur

Essie Where's My Chauffeur

Essie Where's My Chauffeur

Essie Where's My Chauffeur

Essie Where's My Chauffeur

This is such a gorgeous fun classy color! I just love it to death. It has a rich luminous quality and feels very light on the nail. The super smooth creamy quality of the color gives it a grounded sensibility and an earthiness that's very satisfying, very breezy, soothing and personable. I'd even go so far as to call it a self-esteem booster.

I sure could use a few more polishes like this!

love,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment