Friday, January 3, 2014

Chirality Kale

Eleanor, I have one of your favorites for today's post! It's Kale, that lovely dark green scattered holographic polish from indie polish maker Chirality. It's a bit darker looking than Asymptote although they are about the same "weight" in terms of saturation, and it has more yellow in it, and more black. But it has the same fabulous composition in terms of holographic pigment, with the larger particle size and scattered prismatic display. It's delicious to see the way the holo pigments provide a nuanced illumination of Kale's coloring, the way it blooms in the presence of any light source.

Kale, like Asymptote and every other Chirality polish that I've experienced, is a pleasure to apply. The consistency is creamy and dense and very smooth. Kale is essentially a one coater, but I did two just because I could -- that's how much I enjoy applying a Chirality polish! It's just incredibly satisfying. Kale dries naturally in very good time to a smooth shiny finish with a little bit of a jelly's squishiness to it. 

Photos show two coats of Kale over treatment and basecoat with a topcoat of Seche Vite, I think. It may have been Poshe. In any case, I took these outdoors under overcast morning skies and you can still see a bit of the color bloom. Yet again, apologies for the flaky fingers. I took some salt scrub to them and lotioned them up with Curel Hand & Cuticle Therapy Cream but it didn't seem to help much. I guess I'll just have to let the flakiness run its course.
 
Chirality Kale -- note: the octagonal bottle is Chirality's older style, they are round now...


Chirality Kale


Chirality Kale


Chirality Kale


Chirality Kale


Chirality Kale


Chirality Kale


Chirality Kale


Chirality Kale


Chirality Kale


Chirality Kale


Chirality Kale


Chirality Kale


Chirality Kale


Chirality Kale

Just to show everyone what Kale is capable of holo-wise, I took a few photos in the kitchen under the halogens...


Chirality Kale


Chirality Kale


Chirality Kale


Chirality Kale


Chirality Kale

For lovers of green polish, especially unusual greens, Kale takes you right to your happy place. Wearing it makes you feel like you're truly doing justice to your affection for the color. The subtle chromatic nuances provided by the colors in the holo flair are like jelly to the bee, baby! 

Amanda's price point on Chirality polishes sweetens the deal even more. They're only $8 compared to $10-13 and up for other indie holos. And she now has a store on big cartel in addition to her etsy shop. Once you've tried one, you'll know... Amanda makes some of the most exquisite scattered holographic lacquers around, on the same scale as Adina from a england (and that's saying a LOT, especially since Chirality is a hand-poured indie).

Although it's very hard to choose a favorite from my little herd of Chirality polishes, I think I share your predilection for Kale, Eleanor. Even Fuzzy was all over it... "what's that? what's that one? oh, that's nice!" when I walked in the room wearing it. If the Fuzz loves it, you know it must be something special!

In my sights for future purchase: CU2+, Bloodshot and The Symbiote.

xoxo,
Liz

2 comments:

  1. I just fell in love all over again. How do you think this compares to St George? *off to google*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think St. George has more blue in it, no? Dragon would be closer, I suspect, but I think Kale is still more of a yellow green than Dragon and it also has a little bit of a blackened look, which I love!

      Delete