Friday, December 20, 2013

Reprise: Zoya FeiFei

I've been wanting to redo some polishes that I swatched in the early days of this blog and what better polish to feature than the lovely Zoya FeiFei. FeiFei was released by Zoya as part of its Diva collection for fall 2012. Zoya describes is as "a medium steel blue base with heavy gold, blue and pink iridescent metallic sparkle," and I concur. Once you experience the shimmery foily iridescence that is FeiFei on the nail, you can't help but love it. It is has a sheer medium blue tinted base that is packed with scintillating shimmers in blue, pink, gold, graphite and for all the world I swear there is silver in there too, and a bit of purple. 

FeiFei goes on very sheerly but without streaks, and the color and coverage are buildable. I found that it reached opacity and bottle color in two coats, but added one more to all of my nails but one. The two coater nail I saved for comparison's sake -- I'll tell you which one it is after the photos. The consistency of FeiFei is liquid but dense and slightly heavy. It is easy to control which is a good thing because clean up can be a bit tedious. Like other shimmers, this one dissolves into multitudinous shimmer particles upon contact with acetone, leaving you to sweep them up afterwards. FeiFei dries naturally in good time to a shiny finish.

Photos show three coats of FeiFei (except for the one nail, which has two) over treatment and basecoat with a topcoat of Seche Vite. Unfortunately it is overcast and raining today. I would have so loved to have sun for FeiFei. It looks very grey in these photos, but in brighter light the blue comes out a bit more than what you see here.


Zoya FeiFei


Zoya FeiFei


Zoya FeiFei


Zoya FeiFei


Zoya FeiFei


Zoya FeiFei


Zoya FeiFei


Zoya FeiFei


Zoya FeiFei


Zoya FeiFei


Zoya FeiFei


Zoya FeiFei


Zoya FeiFei


Zoya FeiFei


Zoya FeiFei


Zoya FeiFei


Zoya FeiFei


Zoya FeiFei


Zoya FeiFei

Oh how I love this! I love its foily finish and the burnished charcoaled look it has. The green-leaning steel blue is very like the color of dirty blue green sea glass, and the shimmers light it up and throw pink and gold and silver and sooty purple into it. Back in May I said, "the color is complex, unusual, subtle, elegant and stunning." And it is!

The nail with only two coats of FeiFei is the right thumb nail. No difference in the photos from the others, to my eye. I swear I can see a slight difference in person but that's just because I know which one it is.

love,
Aunt Liz

2 comments: