Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Zoya Jem

Zoya's Jem is a lovely well-pigmented dark plummy purple with flecked duochrome shimmer that shifts from magenta to gold. It's got enough red in it that it takes on a brown look under low incandescent light, but in natural light the shimmer gives it a jewel-like boysenberry-colored glow.

Jem has Zoya's wonderful dense but fluid formula and provides complete coverage in one coat for those more careful than I am. I did two coats plus a topcoat of Seche Vite.


Zoya Jem
Zoya Jem


Zoya Jem


Zoya Jem


Zoya Jem


Zoya Jem


Zoya Jem


Zoya Jem


Zoya Jem


Zoya Jem


Zoya Jem


Zoya Jem


Zoya Jem


Zoya Jem


Zoya Jem




 

I think Jem is beautiful in photographs, but I don't think it's beautiful on me. I felt very self-conscious when I wore it, like it was too formal or something. There's an air of the statuesque to dark polishes like Jem that I just can't cotton to somehow, it's just not ever been part of my self expression. 

Could I learn, do you think?

love,
Aunt Liz

2 comments:

  1. I've been on the fence on jem for months cuz it doesn't look really purple. i liked you're description on the intro and love how you're pics show the many way it looks. i totally don't like it...like you i don't enjoy seeing dark colors on my nails. formal is a good description and i will add old lady/matronly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the post -- thanks for your comment!

      Delete