Friday, August 2, 2013

Zoya Dhara

OMG! I am so over the moon about this polish I can't hardly stand myself. It's going to take me forever to type this post if I don't stop staring at my nails every thirty seconds.

The polish is Dhara by Zoya. It's one of their newest line of Pixie Dust textured polishes just released for Fall 2013. Dhara, like Solange, is a metallic Pixie Dust, "a fiery orange copper with a matte, textured, sparkling metal[lic] finish." Unlike Solange, Dhara's color is luxuriously nuanced. It transitions from a bright tangerine to a lush corally melon to a radiant pumpkin to a deep almost purpley vermilion according to how the light hits it. And is it ever sparkly! If you could make crushed velvet out of optic microfibers with a glittering spark at the pin point tip of every tiny fiber, that would be Dhara's sparkle.

The glitter in this polish makes the consistency kind of chunky to the point that it actually splays the brush. Nevertheless it applies with surprising fluidity. One coat of Dhara is sufficient for opacity in bright orange with sparkle, but two coats is SO MUCH BETTER. The color becomes exponentially richer and more dimensional, the sparkle morphs from individual twinkling glitters to a textured fabric of brilliance. Epic, I'm telling you. This polish is epic.

Of course there's no way a photograph will capture all that stuff, or even most of it. Which makes me sad. The best approximation I could come up with was in the kitchen under dim incandescent/halogen lighting without flash. This means that a fair number of my photos are slightly blurry. Enlarged, the blurriness is enhanced and becomes strenuous to view so I suggest avoiding the enlargement option for this post.

Photos show two coats of Dhara over my basecoat duo, no topcoat.


Zoya Dhara, bottle shot


Zoya Dhara


Zoya Dhara


Zoya Dhara


Zoya Dhara


Zoya Dhara


Zoya Dhara


Zoya Dhara


Zoya Dhara


Zoya Dhara


Zoya Dhara


Zoya Dhara


Zoya Dhara


Zoya Dhara


Zoya Dhara


Zoya Dhara


same shot as above but more out of focus showing superabundant sparkly goodness

Glorious fiery red orange beautimusness, is what that is. And just because I could and was curious, I topcoated Dhara. I used two coats of Gelous and a coat of Seche Vite to get a smooth glossy surface. Dhara glossy is not, in my opinion, the better version. It hardens the lush colorful nuances into something that's slightly shrill. Still very sparkly, but not magical the way Dhara matte is. 

I have a few photos of Dhara glossy, see what you think....


Zoya Dhara, glossy topcoat


Zoya Dhara, glossy topcoat


Zoya Dhara, glossy topcoat


Zoya Dhara, glossy topcoat


Zoya Dhara, glossy topcoat


Zoya Dhara, glossy topcoat


Zoya Dhara, glossy topcoat

There are five other polishes in this new Pixie Dust collection including a hunter green, a beautiful navy blue and a silver champagne metallic. I find them all appealing but I can't imagine that any of them is more beautiful and fantastic than Dhara. I love this polish!

What do you think about a having a textured sparkly color like Dhara on your nails, Eleanor? Do you think the slightly gritty surface texture would get on  your nerves? I'll have to bring one or two of my Zoya Pixie Dusts when I visit next, so that you can feel it and see what it's like in person.

love,
Aunt Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment